Difference between revisions of "Fiddles the Fanciful"
Revision as of 23:55, 25 February 2019
- 1 Dame Fiddles the Fanciful of White Oak under the Kingdom of Winter's Edge
Dame Fiddles the Fanciful of White Oak under the Kingdom of Winter's Edge
Fiddles began her medieval fantasy foam-fighting journey in 2013 with a group of dwarves in Canaur, a Dagorhir group in Tallahassee, FL. Soon she discovered Amtgard in 2014 when she began to petition The Seraphim fighting company at Neverwinter's spring midreign. She became a full Seraphim member at Crystalline Chronicles 2015. Finding herself traveling to the Principality of Winter's Edge fairly often, Fiddles joined Winter's Edge. From Fall 2016 - Spring 2017, she held the position of Principality Regent, autocrated events, ran monthly crafting challenges on the Arts & Sciences of Winter's Edge Facebook group (which she co-founded), and wrote the kingdom pre-bid and bid packages submitted at Gathering of the Clans. She received her Baroness title for successful Regent terms.
In 2016, Fiddles and Valkyrie founded The Winter's Edge Symposium-- a speciality weekend event focused on teaching with guest instructors who fly in from kingdoms all over Amtgard. They have now run four Symposiums and are planning Symposium V for February 2020. At Symposium II in 2017, Fiddles met instructor Revell Armstrong (a Master garber she very much admires), and became Squire Revell's Hobbit at Arms beltling. At the same time, Dame Linden Tul became Fiddles's knight (known for her absolutely stunning scrolls and now teaches scribal classes at the Symposium). This event has grown to 130+ attendees and Symposium IV was invited to host Amtgard's primer fighting and Cultural tournaments, Olympiad. Interested in teaching and scribal work, Fiddles founded the Household of the Golden Acorn (teaching & scribal household) in 2017. Most recently, Fiddles was elevated to Knight of the Serpent, at Symposium IV, 2019.
- The Seraphim
- Household of the Golden Acorn
- House Lioness
- House Valorose
- Before being elevated to Dame, Fiddles was Hobbit at Arms to Revell Armstrong who is a Squire to Dame Linden.
- Arco --’ Hobbit at Arms.
- Greda -- Fiddles & Revell Armstrong’s Hobbit at Arms.
- Fiddles the Hobbit & Valkyrie Nystrom Armstrong are known as the "Armstrong Twins" since they became Hobbit at Arm's together, craft together, event together, and autocrat the Arts & Sciences Symposium together.
- Previous: Paged to H.B. Puddin' who is Squire to Sir Shalazar who was squire to AMC.
- Previous: Miriam Armstrong Tul was Fiddles & Valkyrie’s Page but is now directly belted as “Archer at Arms” to Squire Armstrong upon Fiddles’ elevation from Hobbit at Arms to Dame. Both Miriam and Revell reside in the Kingdom of Polaris . This beltline change was a symbolic and practical decision, and Fiddles still advises Miriam on occasion.
- Bravely sailing with pirates.
- Most beloved Hobbit in Winter's Edge.
- Primary creator of the "Winter's Edge Olympiad 2019 package." This was accepted and Winter's Edge hosted Olympiad at Symposium IV, February 2019.
- Primary creator of the "Winter's Edge 2017 Kingdom Bid Package" with an accompanying exciting website!!!
- Primary creator of the "Winter's Edge 2016 Pre-Bid for Kingdom package".
- Participated in a Amtgard Leadership University panel at Keep 2017 for A&S ALU Encouraging A&S (KotB17)
Arts & Sciences Accomplishments
- Best in Show at MAME Olympiad for Sir Testocles' applique tunic, May 2018.
- 2nd place overall at MAME Olympaid, May 2018. Entered: Sir Testocles's tunic, Albizi ledger binding, 2 limp parchment bindings, "Puddin's knighting scroll", "Khazon's paragon paladin scroll", and "Hobbit at Arms Armstrong belt".
- 2nd place tie for 2D Art category for "Mykil's Count scroll" at the A&S competition at Keep on the Borderlands, September 2017.
- 1st place overall at the A&S Competition at The Gathering of the Clans in New Mexico, July 2017. Submitted "Sir Jocelyn's travel knighting scroll" under Dragon (won 1st place for that category and best in show with 38/40 points), Winter's edge hand-sewn pennons under Owl, and my Hobbit at Arms Armstrong leather belt under Garber (won first place for that category).
- 1st place in Garber at the A&S Competition at The Gathering of the Clans in New Mexcio for "Sir Tato's appliqued tunic", July 2016.
- 1st and 2nd place in NW A&S 6-and-over A&S Competition at Coronation in August 2016.
- Cultural Champion at Winter's Edge Spring Quals 2016.
- 2nd place in NW Defrost Dragon Master in Jan. 2016.
- 1st place and Best in Show (for plastidip shield) in the NW Summer Coronation Dragon Master competition in Aug. 2015.
- 2nd place in the competitive NW Defrost Dragon Master competition in Jan. 2015.
- 1st and 2nd place in the A&S competition at WE Wyld Hunt 2014 for active construction acorn rock and company fighting garb pants.
- 1st and 2nd place at the NW Spring Midreign 2015 that was “light and dark” themed with two etchings and a company quilted banner.
- "Mural Castle Painting Class" at Keep on the Borderlands IX, 2018.
- Drawing From Life at the Arts & Sciences Symposium III, 2018.
- Coptic Bookbinding at the Arts & Sciences Symposium III, 2018.
- Gouche painting class at "Onward to Canterbury: A Winter's Edge Tale" Spring Coronation, 2017.
- Lecture on how to create dagged trim at the Arts & Sciences Symposium II, 2017.
- Hands-on needle-felting class at the Battle of Mirkwood WE Summer Midreign 2016, Arts & Sciences Symposium III 2017, and Arts & Sciences Symposium III 2018.
- Hands-on applique and tunic workshop with Valkyrie Moonshadow at the Arts & Sciences Symposium 2016.
- Introduction to Applique at Winter's Edge Winter Midreign 2016.
- Hands-on copic-stitch book binding at Ragnarok 2015.
- Knight of the Serpent - February 2019
- Master Garber - September 2018
- Baroness - Spring 2017
Notable Officer Positions
- Winter's Edge Regent (Fall 2016 - Spring 2017)
- Winter's Edge Regent (Spring - Fall 2016)
- Winter's Edge Regent's Protector (Fall 2015 - Spring 2016)
Notable Crat Positions
- Current: Autocrat of "Symposium V: Winter's Edge Midreign" event, February 2020.
- Co-Autocrated the "Winter's Edge Symposium IV: Olympiad + Midreign" event in February 2019 and made this exciting event website to accompany it.
- Co-Autocrated the "Arts & Sciences Symposium III: Winter's Edge Midreign" with Valkyrie in February 2018. This was a 4 day event with 50 classes (A&S and Leadership), Weapon Master, Dragon Master, Iron Man tournaments, and traveller's from 6 kingdoms of Amtgard. Some notable traveling teachers: Dame Linden on CK, Sir Gorin of NR, Lady Armstrong of Polaris, and Acorn from the shield shop.
- Autocrated "Onward to Canterbury: A Winter's Edge Tale" Spring Coronation, April 2017.
- Co-Autocrated the "Arts & Sciences Symposium II" with Valkyrie in February 2017. Fiddles and Valkyrie created a website to accompany the event. The event had 30+ crafting classes, and 4 crafting tracks where we flew in Lady a Armstrong to teach tunic making and Acorn from the Shield Shop to teach plastidip shields.
- Autocrated the "Aftershock: A Winter's Edge Story" event in January 2017.
- Co-Autocrated the "Battle of Mirkwood" Winter's Edge event with Sir Khazon Mander in July 2016. Fiddles created an exciting website!!! to accompany the event.
- Co-Autocrated the "Arts & Sciences Symposium I" with Valkyrie in February 2016.